Voter Registration Information

You must be registered in the county where you live. 

If you are homeless you only need a description of where you live to register. If you do not have a street address, you can provide an exact description, including cross streets, route, etc. A mailing address is required.

If you move, change your name, or political party you must re-register. 

To check your registration status:

To register to vote, please visit, or complete a pick up a registration form found at our office, county libraries, or post offices.

To request a Vote by Mail ballot, complete the California Vote by Mail Application.

To cancel your voter registration status, complete the Cancellation Request Form.

To remove your Permanent Vote By Mail Status, complete this VBM Cancellation Form.

If you are overseas, complete the FPCA form. Please visit for more information on overseas voting.

If you have any questions please call the Yolo County Elections Office at (530) 666-8133 or (916) 375-6490, or e-mail the Yolo County Elections Office at [email protected].