Voter Guide for November 8, 2016
Presidential General Election
CITY OF WOODLAND, CITY COUNCIL MEMBER - DISTRICT 2
CITY OF WOODLAND
CITY COUNCIL MEMBER, DISTRICT 2
BOBBY HARRIS Age: 64
Occupation: Community Advocate / Lobbyist
• Woodlander since 1983;
• First City Council candidate advocating Woodland Downtown
• Knowledgeable about Woodland's social contexts and challenges;
• Advocate responsible for Woodland renters' right to display
• Journalist (Yolo Sun : http://yolosun.wordpress.com) covering the
City since 2008;
• Devoted community advocate, a fresh voice, independent of local
• Help design and promote affordable homeownership and diverse
• Support increasing our community resources by ¼ cent for 2018
sales tax renewal;
• Expedite proper renovation and expansion of Woodland Public
• Challenge city hall's “good-ol'-boy” system, ending corrupt civic
• Support 4-way stop signs on downtown Main Street, help
rehabilitate County Fair Mall;
• Strengthen / widen community understanding, cohesion, while
raising our quality of life.
Woodland City Council sold-out our Downtown areas, allowing 10
years to resolve serious environmental impacts of Gateway Center.
Recently, Woodland City Council violated state and local laws at
proposed Gateway 2 project, approving development adverse to
municipal interests. State appellate court opinion exposed sham
environmental processes permitting subversion of our community
interests and values.
Please display homemade signage (4 square feet: Vote Bobby Harris)
for this grassroots campaign to improve Woodland.
/s/ Bobby Harris