Voter Guide for November 8, 2016
Presidential General Election
CITY OF WEST SACRAMENTO, MAYOR
CITY OF WEST SACRAMENTO
Occupation: Mayor of West Sacramento
Our city is widely recognized as one of the nation's best-run local
governments, with a blend of brash dreams and hard-nosed
pragmatism. We're creating jobs and attracting investment—more than
$1 billion since I was first elected mayor.
We've won national recognition as America's Most Livable Small
City and as an emerging leader in civic technology, food, workforce
development, innovation, and education/youth. We're #1 in the region
in the First Lady's Let's Move competition for healthy eating and active
lifestyles. AARP says 89% of West Sacramentans over age 45 say this
is a good or great place to live.
Winning millions in competitive state/federal grants, we're getting it
• Riverfront coming alive with Off the Grid and The Barn.
• Community college, recreation center/pool, library, and community
• Largest Disney playground in America.
• Stronger levees for flood protection.
• Miles of new biking/walking trails.
• Adding three new bridges.
• Sustained drop in crime, tackling homelessness with initiatives like
• Even more restaurants and entertainment coming!
West Sacramento just keeps getting better, making the most of our
small-town heritage. With Vice-Mayor Beverly “Babs” Sandeen and
Quirina Orozco on the City Council and Measure E, let's keep the
/s/ Christopher Cabaldon